Monday, January 17, 2011

Long Weekend

We enjoyed a great long weekend (love those bank holidays!) with lots of play time. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of us at our activities but I thought I would share anyway. Sat. we got to go to breakfast to Carter's pick of the restaurant. No joke when we were in the car Carter says "Daddy, I want to go to the Blue Restaurant". We asked...the blue restaurant? He answers, "Yeah, the blue restaurant with pancakes" (meaning IHOP). Then in the far distance he spots the sign and says "That one, that one over there!" Then we sit at our table and Carter looks around puts his elbows up on the table and says "Daddy, I LIKE this restaurant, it is a good one!" You can obviously tell this kid likes his pancakes!

Monday, we went to an indoor water park downtown which was more like an indoor pool with slides. Carter loved it. The basketball hoops were Jack & Carter's favorite by far. Carter thought about going down a slide, but as soon as he got up there, decided "it was a little bit scary". After an hour and a half both of the kids' lips were purple so we decided it was time to get out. They would have stayed in there forever though...something different and fun for the middle of winter!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh how fun!!! That is such a great idea. Was it busy? No wonder you don't have pictures, chasing the boys and all that water. So fun! I wish baseball clubs observed those same holidays!!